Monday, March 24, 2008

It is a privelage to work!


It seems to me that so many people are trying to figure out how to get out of work. I can't say how frustrating it is to see people living off of our taxes who could work but choose not to. AHHHHRRRGG! I would submit it is a pleasure to be able to work. It is part of your inner self to be able to work at something and see a task completed. I think it gives most of us a sense of self worth. If you just sit around and watch TV or play video games all day you seem to get a sense of guilt. I believe we were born with a duty to work ingrained inside us. We are so fortunate to live in a country that allows us the freedom we need to pursue the job of our choice (not that we all work at the job of our choice). I think mine would be to work as a ride operator at Disneyland. Problem is I don't think it would match up to the income we need to live the lifestyle we like. Rischelle and I swear when we get old and "retired" we will work at Disneyland. She would probably work at the Teacups ride and I would be the slapstick commenting guide on the Jungle Cruise. Anyway, for those of us that are able, lets work and be happy we can!

3 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

It's so true. I have been sick this past week, and my sweet hubby took a few days off work to take care of me and the baby. I was instructed to sit on the couch with a warm blakent and not move. It was very nice to have a break, but the laziness really started to get to my head! I became a sluggish loaf of tar jell-o! I felt heavy and useless and brain-cloudy. Once I was up and about again, I cleaned the entire house. It felt so good to WORK - I felt lighter, more clear-headed, and better about myself in general. It seems that unless they are raised on a farm, American kids aren't taught to work, anymore. The American dream is no longer "anything is possible as long as you work for it". Now it's "get the most for the least amount of effort - you're entitled!"

Persnickety Prints said...

Your Parents Taught You Well! I think your girls are great "helpers" too! I asked Vic tonight to come over and teach my kids some of that work ethic!
(for the record, I have "worked" since age 10; (ie, selling my coloring book pages, current cards, babysitting, scera volunteer during Roger Rabbit...saw it 45 times, Dairy Queen, Shopko, Olan Mills sales (cold calling out of the phone book:), and back to babysitting!) Maybe the Nephi Farm is in our genes! I completely agree with you there Shawn...work builds character, AND confidence. Although, I think, and I know you do too, that balance is good. Sometimes we can forget how to relax...blah...blah.
goodnight.

Persnickety Prints said...

P.S. I LOVE the reference to Birthstones! I now don't have to look for my little Sierra West card when I am confused!!!
LOL!