Friday, April 18, 2008

Wahooooo! a BABY BOY


Dad in his space suit right after I was born.

Dad, Mom and me... What a team!

Kale Shawn Mikkelson  9 pounds 7 ounces 22 inches long

I'm a BIG BOY (our biggest)!

I didn't even cry much when I was born.  Just kind of looked around a lot.

Mom is happy to have me even after the "ordeal" I put her through.

My big sister Victoria is going to be a great baby sitter!

Annika is going to keep me laughing!

Hadley's happy she's not the youngest anymore.

"Grandma Grams" thinks I'm pretty neat.  I get to be the latest grandchild she spoils too much!

Mom thinks the food here is awful... and it is!

Look! Grandpa Sam is helping me learn how to palm a basketball already.

Grandma "C" thinks I'm swell.  I'm probably her last grandchild.  You know what they say, "last the best of all the gang."         J/K!



Thanks to all of you who have shown me and my family so much love and concern!  You have been so much help already. I look forward to getting to know all of you a little bit better.

8 comments:

Persnickety Prints said...

CUTENESS!!!!! OMH! Soooo Exciting!!! We love you guys & are here if you need anything!!!! Hooray for Blogs so we can see the little guy!

Unknown said...

He is a big boy. You will be playing one on one before you know it in the front yard. Congrats, we love you guys, and now there is even more of you to love.

Tom said...

Congratulations. Your girls look excited to have a little brother. I'm sure you guys are also excited about your new "little" boy. I am happy for you. I hope he brings balance to the force.

Grandma Carol said...

So how was the first night "Home"?
Shawn, can u stop by the house on the way home to pick up a Lazagne?
6pm, correct?

Stepper the Mighty said...

oh my word...he's beautiful! Thank you so much for posting pictures! Even though I can't see them through the tear-blurred vision. He looks like you, Shawn. Check out those tough arms! What a handsome! I bet Vik has already offered to babysit, and I bet Hadley is just beaming! We're so glad he's finally here! WELCOME TO THE WORLD, KALE! Lucky guy to be born into such a strong, loving, and FUN family! And the extended family haint too bad, neither. ;)

Anonymous said...

YES! a baby boy... congratulations mikk fam! Kale sure is cute! just what we needed another boy in the fam to cut the guy/gal ratio down in the family... woohoo another future ball player and break dancer!

Anonymous said...

Shawn--I have tried a million times to work this ----- blogg. This is the first blogg I have ever done--obviously. Could you please just answer the phone? I have been desperate to contact you to sign up for whatever you need. To heck with BOBA FETT!
Your biggest sister---

Lorie said...

Oh! It looks like Rischelle had Kale the same way I had my babies. The horizontal smile club. She is an amazing woman!