Friday, May 16, 2008

Summer movies are finally here!


Finally,  the summer movie season is upon us!  We have all been biding our time, waiting
 for movies worth seeing to come to theaters again.  Well, the time is now here.  Starting with Iron Man, and this weekend Narnia:Prince Caspian, we now have some decent choices to spend our hard earned movie dollars on.  Indiana Jones 4 looks promising for May 22, (why release it on a Thursday?  Are they trying to cheat Memorial Day Weekend?)  Anyway, the summer movie season is off to a good start now.





Here is a list of promising movies for the rest of the Summer:

June 6
Kung Fu Panda (I laugh every time I see a teaser or a trailer, even though I don't want to.)

June 13
HULK (we'll see)
The Happening (New one from M. Night Shamalyananinan... you know the Sixth Sense guy)

June 20 
Get Smart (Steve Carell)

June 27
Wall-E (Disney)

July 2
Hancock (Will Smith, super hero gone bad then good again)

July 18th
The Dark Night (Batman, Christian Bale)

July 25th
X-Files: I want to believe 

August 1st
Mummy 4 

This is pretty much the end of the good summer movies.  The rest of August  looks like movies that are a waste of time.  Happy viewing!

2 comments:

Stepper the Mighty said...

What a great entry! It was fun to see what's pending, I had no idea that some of those movies will be coming out this summer. You know I'm a huge movie buff (superhero movies, especially!), but we don't get the chance to get to a theater much, anymore - so going to a movie is a REAL TREAT! We don't want to waste the treat on a poor movie selection - so it's VERY cool to know which movies are coming up so we can know which ones to look forward to.

And yes, I know I could just jump on to IMDB and check out the spread, but who has time for internet surfing anymore? Man. I miss my desk job. :)

ANY-way...Bill and I finally got to see Iron Man and we LOVED it! Seeing the trialers before the movie was a real treat, too!

We want to see as many as we can, but here are the movies we refuse to miss (even if we have to wait for the dollar theater):

Prince Caspian
Wall-E
The Happening
The Dark Knight

And from your list of stuff we didn't know was coming, I have to add:

Hancock

And ones that I WANT to see (but won't die if I don't like I would with the previous list):

HULK (Eddie Norton? It's GOT to be a far cry better than it's predecessor)
Indiana Jones
Get Smart (we loved Carell in Dan in Real Life)

Mmm...I can smell the popcorn and red vine licorice, now.

Persnickety Prints said...

Who needs a subscription to Entertainment Weekly anymore? I do have to say that we saw Indiana last night and on a scale of 1-10, I have to give it a 6? Hmmmm...i don't know, maybe I was just tired;)
See ya Monday & pray for Sun!